Sunday 31 August 2008

Now with text

Okay so I've not had a lot of time to make much progress this week but I did manage to spend a few minutes on my space invaders game. Looking back through previous issues of Linux Format - as suggested by someone on their forums - I came across a flash card tutorial which used PyGame as well. The bulk of the game was text based so there was a bit which explained about rendering and displaying text on the game window, porting this into my game was quite trivial and so now I have a life and score counter.

The thing to learn from this though is that it is always worth hanging onto those back issues, even though some of the stuff is now out of date there is still a wealth of knowledge buried in those pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.