Tuesday 17 February 2009

Update and Fedora Feature

I know I've been quiet lately but it's been with good cause, the project I was due to start using C++ at work has finally started. The coding side hasn't really started yet as we're still working on architecture but I suppose now I find out if the effort I put into picking it back up again has paid off.

Sticking with C++ development for a minute I was intrigued to see that the next version of Fedora is coming with MinGW. This is fantastic news for developers as we can now write and compile applications for Windows on Linux instead of having to rely on a seperate windows installation. It also puts Linux in a good position for gaining further ground in software development companies where they may want to save money by not having to pay for windows licenses but have to if they want to compile their apps.

I'll be interested to see how well it works when Fedora 11 is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.